OK, it's time I wrote something about my passion for color. I LOVE color. I can spend forever and a half at the paint isle in hardware stores, collecting the little swatches along with my kids; When it's time for clean up I volunteer to put the crayons away because it's such fun doing it :) I can stand in front of the nail polish stand at the nail salon long minutes, until my friend protests or help me choose one (why pick just one?); and I haven't even got to what happens to my budget at the scrapbook stores, with all those rich, vibrant cradstock variety, the yummy patterned papers and embellishments. I usually spend more than I should and buy more than I need...and that leads to stocks of scraps! Scraps I stash and vow to use one day... That day kept slipping by and the stock of colorful, patterned papers piled up too high for my space so I had to do something. In the layout below I used some of my colorful scraps to create a colorful layout of our trip to Maui, Hawaii.
Sorting through all those Maui photos I suddenly realized the light there is just great and the lushes nature scene colors every photos in vibrant, live colors.
Until next Friday, stay healthy and Happy, seize the day and keep scrapping!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Labels: family, friends, adventures archival scrapbook photo album, color, colorful scrapbook layouts, create mini scrapbook album, creative with color, designed scrapbook layouts, embellishments, family premade scrapbook, Hawaii Maui scrapbook layout, Maui photos, Maui scrapbook layout, memory keeping, patterned papers, personalized photo album, scrapbook stores
Books I liked
- A Tale of Love and Darkness by Amos Oz
- Almost any book by David Grossman
- Charlie and Lola books by Lauren Child
- Clean and Simple Scrapbooking by Cathy Zeilske
- Creation Companion by Betty Higins
- Great Design Using Non Traditional Materials by Wendy Lyonsand Sheree Clarck
- Handmade Cards by Anne Akers Johunson
- Life Lines by Carol Wingert and Tena Sprenger
- Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
- My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
- People of The Book by Geraldine Brooks
- People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
- Portrait in Sepia by Isabel Allende
- The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
- Thinking of You by Making Memories
- ► 2010 (19)