Friday, March 20, 2009

Inspiration

I used to think everything should come from my head. Just pop up in my head whenever I asked it to. I was wrong. Indeed there are days when ideas are manifesting themselves pop corn style in my brain, but there are those other days, when I sit there, commanding my brain to blossom.... with no results. Now, you can either get grumpy about it or go find inspiration elsewhere, outside of your own brain's habitat. I go to the book store, go cruising other Internet sites and blogs, pick on a magazine rack, out to walk the dog (nature is a powerful stimulant) or go through my children's books. Children's books are so much more fun, visually, than ours - don't you think?

So here are my findings for today.

Modish has a great top banner. Jena, the blog writer, also have Flower for your Friday on her Flickr bit - such a great idea, so thankful you shared it, Jena!

Design*Sponge site is so clean and easy on the eye, it's just one of the most pleasant sites I've seen lately and the design elements keep accompanying you, creating a familiar 'neighbourhood' with each page you open. Their posts are interesting and so nicely put together it's always a joy to visit:)


Weeds and Wildflowers are on the happy side. Everything is colorful and jumpy and their layouts are gorgeous!


I hope to add pictures for you later this weekend:)

Have a great weekend and keep happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books I liked

  • A Tale of Love and Darkness by Amos Oz
  • Almost any book by David Grossman
  • Charlie and Lola books by Lauren Child
  • Clean and Simple Scrapbooking by Cathy Zeilske
  • Creation Companion by Betty Higins
  • Great Design Using Non Traditional Materials by Wendy Lyonsand Sheree Clarck
  • Handmade Cards by Anne Akers Johunson
  • Life Lines by Carol Wingert and Tena Sprenger
  • Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
  • My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
  • People of The Book by Geraldine Brooks
  • People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
  • Portrait in Sepia by Isabel Allende
  • The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
  • Thinking of You by Making Memories

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a mom, community coordinator, event orgenizer, teacher, designer, crafter, wordster, foody, love beauty.